Saturday, July 10, 2010

Once again, I need a time turner


A view from my back yard. I absolutely love it when the clouds look like a painting. It's so surreal!

On my way into rehearsal one evening, I had to capture the silver lining.


The whole picture

My view from the Rec Center Outdoor Pool last Saturday



I simply have too much going on, which is typical for me, really, but it doesn't make me smart for keeping this type. Sometimes I'm really good at juggling everything ("stacking," as one of my employers calls it) and am able to see the forest for the trees, but then there are some times when I feel overwhelmed, bogged down, and don't think I'll ever get my way back out of this "pit of busyness."

Lately, my moments of escape have come from looking away from my small, cramped life and looking toward the vast expanse of the sky; it's my way of coping right now. When there is no room to breathe in my life on earth, I look to the sky. (We can all guess where this is going...) But it truly is the most astounding thing: when I look and appreciate how beautiful the sky is, I feel a physical lightening of this burden I've placed on myself, and I can literally breathe easier.

I know I feel the weight most acutely when my focus is on myself, and I do not look to see how God is carrying me all the while, and I am placing the weight squarely on my own shoulders.

This segues rather nicely into a completely related but slightly off-topic diatribe on my part, but I need to get to sleep and thus will save it for another day.

P.S. http://www.daniellesplace.com/html/bible_lessons.html (for me)

I feel so badly for my Bible study kids. They definitely got the short end of the stick this summer. The past week I haven't planned a fun thing for them to do. I appease them with Veggie Tales and AirHeads... I'm a terrible teacher this year.

I just don't have time to do it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment