Thursday, July 22, 2010

"There's...a bobby pin... in my bra..."

I love doing shows.

I fixed a friend's head piece tonight with clear duct tape. It lasted till she got back to the dressing room after curtain call (Victory is mine!).

My voice teacher and opera director came tonight, and I had lotsa energy tonight and felt good vocally about the show, so that was also a "win" kind of situation.

And did I mention the remainder of the run is sold out?

'Cause it is.

O_O


I made my for-the-masses gift of multicolored Jelly Belly treat bags with Lauren today. I kidnapped her (further) after VBS and we went to Target to acquire said goodies. Thank goodness she has a Droid, otherwise I would have missed some colors.
Red and yellow and green and brown and scarlet and black and ochre and peach and ruby and olive and violet and fawn and lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve and cream and crimson and silver and rose and azure and lemon and russet and gray and purple and white and pink and orange and blue.
I know there's no way for me to prove it, but I honestly just typed all of those from memory (BIG deal, 'cause I don't sing that song in the show. lol!). I guess one way to prove it would be to prove me wrong in my recitation via typing.
Go 'head, somebody.
DO it.

Did you know that ochre is a little darker than a mid-shade yellow?

I didn't either.

Whatever did we do before smart phones?

15 flavors and approximately $50 worth of Jelly Bellies later, Lauren accompanied me to day camp where we assembled our cutesy little snacks before rehearsal for the musical.
(Next week is gonna be looooooooong.)

While we were at Target, we saw two of my favorite people. One was another "show friend" from when we did The Sound of Music last summer. She was our Sister Sophia, and she was there with her two beautiful daughters. It was absolutely delightful to see her.
The other was one of Lauren's good friends and her mom, who teaches extended day at their former elementary school, where I used to also work. She's one of the coolest moms I've ever met.

Seeing all of these people I like really made my day. It's amazing what happens when you fill your life with people you enjoy. I'm pretty sure they're the reason I was so energized on stage. So much so that a bobby pin snuck it's way into my brassiere, and I didn't even notice till I was standing in my skivvies in the dressing room.

I think I had the MOST fun doing the show tonight. I know it doesn't matter how I feel--it's about how the audience feels-- but let's hope it only gets better from here. Ü

1 comment:

  1. Reading about how much fun you're having with the show makes me want to perform sooooo much. Too bad I'm too shy for that. :P

    It also makes me miss you a lot. Glad you're having so much fun, though! I LOOOOVE YOU~ :D

    ReplyDelete