Saturday, July 24, 2010

12 hours knocked out of my sleep debt...

"I never realize how much I like being home unless I've been somewhere really different for a while."

Juno certainly had it right.

2 more shows (and strike...).
7 days till the day camp musical.
Interview at Barnes & Noble Monday at 12:30 (fingers crossed!).

I should be figuring out what I'm going to do with my life for the next week or two. I should be showering and getting dressed and going to get my end-of-the-show thank you gifts.

Instead, I'm sitting on our ridiculously comfy couch, currently watching Because I Said So.

"Let me preface this ad by saying if you
are a nut job, pervert or fruitcake, move on...
Nudists, mama's boys, the
sexually confused need not apply...
Anarchists, xenophobes, philistines,
masochists, sexists, bigots not welcome..."

I know it's $5 a word.

So let's just take it from
page two. "Chronically itchy..."

"I'm looking for someone with a
steady job who knows the value of work.
That does not exclude the independently wealthy. "

Gabriel Macht as "Johnny," please report to Kate.

Lauren Graham as "Maggie" reminds me of my friend Lindsey, who I miss to no end.

And I feel a twinge of jealousy as I realize that Mandy Moore was my age when she made this film.

I'm in a wedding in two weeks, and am supposed to be looking at dresses with another soon-to-be-bride within the week.

I still live at home, I've not been as many places as I'd like, I've done far less than I'd hoped, and I haven't had a relationship last longer than 9 months.

And people wonder why I feel old and behind.

"I said bye-bye babay
Doo ronde ronde pa pa
Doo ronde ronde..."

*Thunder rumbles in the distance*

How appropriate...

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I know the feeling of being old and left out, especially when you friends are not just getting married but having babies. Sometimes I have to look in the mirror and remind myself that i'm only 23. The relationship stinks too. No better on my part. But i believe that God has someone for everyone. Everybody needs somebody sometime. (just broke out in song) My coworkers now hate me. Hang in the kid, Mickey loves ya.

    ReplyDelete