Friday, June 24, 2011

Why am I not funny?

I like, appreciate, and understand LOTS of funny things. 

That being the case, shouldn't I be a funnier person?  I enjoy those with a quick wit and surround myself with people who possess them.  Should that not then be a trait I possess and display myself? Or shouldn't that at least rub off of them and onto me?  Hmmm...

Ya think it's because of my insecurities? 

I think it's because of them and the fact that I've been reading Calvin and Hobbes obsessively over the past 48 hours.  They are SO funny! (Jealousy.  Yep, that's an insecurity manifesting itself BIG time.)

I mean, I've done other stuff, too. 

I read some more Stanislavski.  Learned more about myself as an artist an' such.

I'd like to think reading Calvin and Hobbes is like an extension of that learning. 

Actors preparing for a role have to activate their imaginations in coordination with the given information from the playwright.

I think we all could learn a thing or two about using our imaginations from Calvin.

So, I did more studying today than I originally gave myself credit for doing.

I also watched Oxygen and cuddled and played with my puppies. 

Is this how I should have spent my day?  Probably not.

But I also think that maybe this was the Universe preparing me for the marathon that is Saturday-Sunday.  (I'll tell ya about it if I survive.)

And maybe my life was craving a completely lazy day.

Ya know what they say about cravings.

They're our bodies telling us we need some kind of nutrient.

And if for some reason it's not a nutritional need, it's probably better to give into the craving in moderation than to overcompensate for it with something else that, let's face it, can't fill the void as well as what we were craving in the first place. 

How's THAT for justification?

No comments:

Post a Comment