Friday, December 3, 2010

The monster downstairs

Aside from dancing to King's Singers CDs and eating popsicles after lunch, a good portion of my days this week has been spent hiding upstairs with Momo from the monster who likes to visit the downstairs of her grandma's house. When we're playing pretend regarding the monster, the only real rule of the game is that we can't go downstairs, but of course we have to take precautions against this bad guy monster. Like an address label on my right sleeve (she's found them and stuck them anywhere she can find) or a Dixie cup over my finger(s). She doesn't have to do all of these silly things, though, and here's why:


"You look so pretty the monster wants to eat you. Monsters like pretty stuff to eat. That's why. They like to eat popsicles... They like to eat you..."


When I was playing with her this morning, her grandmother was still at home getting ready for a luncheon she and Momo went to this afternoon, and she overheard. We both had a good chuckle at Momo's logic. Ü

This little princess from Japan has made my week, and I get to play with her again next week.

1 comment: