Thursday, December 2, 2010

Overheard at Opening Night of The Nutcracker

I'm in one of the dressing rooms playing mommy to two of my favorite darlings who are in The Nutcracker this year, surrounded by approximately 30 tiny dancers and their mamas fussing over each others' hair and make-up. I'm waiting on one of my girls to get her *ahem* in gear when I hear this:

"You're not old enough to have a boyfriend! How old are you, ten?"

At this point, the ten-year-old lists off all of the li'l boyfriends she's had throughout elementary school, and then proudly states that her current boyfriend is twelve.

Then, the older dancer smirks and retorts with, "Well, my boyfriend can drive."

...WHOA!

Haha!

I'm sure you'll all be shocked to know that I was never that little girl who had scads of boyfriends in elementary school. [sniffs and pushes glasses higher onto nose]

No comments:

Post a Comment