Saturday, December 25, 2010

Traditions

1. Midnight Mass at Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Tuscaloosa, and Christmas breakfast after at Waffle House.
Jacob calculated that this makes year seven of what is one of my favorite events of the holiday season. There are four of us that, even though we rarely-to-never see each other during the year, can count on seeing each other at mass and sharing a meal after.

2. Harry Potter Christmas wishes to/from my Thither.
So long as I live, I want this to happen every Christmas morning. I love you, Amy Lea. One year, I'll surprise you with a sweater. And maybe even a Rupert Grint inside it.

3. Snowman Lindor Truffles
Mom and I have a tendency to stock up on these seasonal chocolate delectables because they are without question the best truffles Lindt has to offer. Creamy milk chocolate with an even creamier white filling. I am weird and like them refrigerated (which is apparently the worst thing you can do to chocolate).

4. Falling asleep to whatever is on TV.
Today's programming includes "Oceans Blue."

5. Microwave Peanut Brittle
I make it every year, and I haven't made nearly enough this year. I may make some more later tonight, but if not tonight, definitely tomorrow.


They're not great or grand, but they're mine. I miss many of the traditions of my childhood, but life changes, one grows up, and some things just aren't possible. For now, anyway. I hope to reincarnate many of those traditions when I have children of my own.

*le sigh*

Pictures of Christmas morning to come later.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love you so much. As long as I live, those Christmas morning greetings will remain the same. I'll get you a Harry if you get me a Ron. ;]

    And I like being called Amy Lea. ^_^

    ReplyDelete