Friday, May 13, 2011

Don't Stop...

... Believin'.
... Thinkin' about tomorrow.

Keep going.  Don't stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True Stories

One day T is walking around the house.  Then he stops, shakes his head, looks at his mom and says, "I'm a nerd."


T was bothering his mom about something.  I'm terrible and can't remember what it was specifically, but he followed her around, repeatedly asking, "Can we, Mom? Can we, Mom? Can we? Can we?"

Then Little Sister (a.k.a. Itsy Sister) stops wide-eyed and asks, "Do you think T has short-term memory loss??"

Did I mention she's seven?


We went to a Mexican restaurant after an evening soccer practice with T and Middle Sister.  It's a tiny little local spot, decorated with the traditional cultural trimmings and trappings. After we'd been seated in our booth, T looks up and says, "I wish I had a ukelele."  The three gals look at each other, then burst into utter guffaws of laughter.  (Zack Morris Time Out:  I know, I know, it's redundant to say "guffaws of laughter," but you try reading just "guffaws" out loud and see how strange it sounds to you!)

Mama Laura: "What makes you say that?" [T points to the wall] "How do you know what that is?"

T: From school.

[Glimmer of hope for music education shines in the grownups' eyes]


I have been spending evenings hanging out with tiny dancers (it's recital week), and the other night after a few communication hiccups and other schedule-related "oopses," we went out to eat to celebrate surviving it all... and... to bribe the children.

I asked the girls where they wanted to go. They'd volley ideas, never agreeing on one (of course), and Big Sister says, "Oh!  That cafe place Mom took me to that one time."

K: "Thank you, Big Sister.  Please be more vague."

Big Sis: "Ya know... that cafe... umm... Café Du Monde?"

K: (Baha!) "That's in New Orleans."

(Through the phone) Mama Laura: "Haha! I love that she knows that! [chuckle] What kind of food do they want?"

K: "What kind of food would you like?  Mexican? Italian? Wings?"

Both girls: "WINGS.  The one by our school!"

[cue "Miracle of Miracles"]

T wants to go back to Disney World reeeeeeeeeeeally badly.  This prompted Disney vacay anecdotes.  I was sitting at the restaurant with Mama Laura and the girls, and they began to ask me if I'd been to Disney World, if I like roller coasters, etc.  Then we discussed our favorite Disney attractions, one of them being The Rockin' Roller Coaster.  Mama Laura doesn't particularly like to ride roller coasters, thus has never experienced the epic-ness that IS The Rockin' Roller Coaster. So, Big Sister says, "Mom, you've got to ride it before you're too old and might have a heart attack!"

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we know ALL about ukeleles at T's school. Because we're cool like that....and our music therapist pretty much rocks it.

    ReplyDelete