Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Hold On."

Michael Bublé.  Martha Sowerby.  Wilson Phillips.  Scads of other characters/singers.

They all tell me to hold on.

When I need help to hold on, I of course turn to Jesus.  On him I lean.

I turn to my friends.  They lift me up.

Then I watch Ally McBeal.

'Cause she's weird.

And so am I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ally McBeal: I like being a mess. It's who I am.

Ally McBeal: The real truth is, I probably don't want to be too happy or content. Because, then what? I actually like the quest, the search. That's the fun. The more lost you are, the more you have to look forward to. What do you know? I'm having a great time and I don't even know it.

Ally McBeal: Whenever I get depressed, I raise my hemlines. If things don't change, I am bound to be arrested.
 
Ally McBeal: Even if I did get past all my problems, I'm just gonna get out and get new ones.

Ally McBeal: Remember, when you're with me, it's the only time you're not the strangest person in the room. So go ahead, get weird with me.

Richard Fish: "Problem" is just a bleak word for challenge.
 
Elaine: She's two-thirds of a Rice Krispie treat. She's already snapped, and crackled, and she's ready for the final pop.

Elaine: Oh, forgive my bluntness. It's a device I use to cope.
 
Georgia Thomas: Ally, what makes your problems so much bigger than everybody else's? 
Ally McBeal: They're mine.

These Are the Days [1.23]

John "The Biscuit" Cage: If you think back, and replay your year - if it doesn't bring you tears of joy or sadness, consider the year wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment