Wednesday, May 18, 2011

That's what he said.

In the car after school...

T: [mumbles incoherently] ...Ladador.

Big Sister: What did you say?

T: Ladador.

Itsy Sister: What's a "ladador?"

Big Sister: It's like Aladar!  I love that movie.

Kate: Dinosaur?

Big Sister: Yeah!

[Big Sister and T start to quote it]

Big Sister: Did you know that now they're saying that pterodactyls didn't actually flap their wings, but that they just spread them and then would glide?

Kate: Like a flying squirrel.

Big Sister: Yeah.  Then after the continents started to separate, they started to grow feathers and then had to flap their wings to go a farther distance.

Kate: That's what "they" say, huh?

Big Sister: Yep.

T: I took swimming lessons.

Kate: You did?

T: Yeth.  My teacher would throw rings in the pool and then I'd have to swim and get them.

Big Sister: But you were too afraid and clung to daddy the whole time.

T: I did not.

Big Sister: Yes, you did, sweetie.  So it wasn't even useful.

Kate: Well, yes it was.

Big Sister: Useless has the word "use" in it, but that's about it.

T: You're useless if you're mean to me.

Kate: BAHAHA!  Good comeback, T. (I know.  I'm such a good babysitter.)

T: [smiles] Yeth.

Big Sister: [laughing] What did he say?

Kate: "You're useless if you're mean to me."

Big Sister: BAHAHAHAHA!  Is that what you said, T?

T: Yeth. Yeth, that'th what I thaid.


Now the three of them are sunbathing on the beautiful new deck.  Well, except T.  He was lying on his stomach in the shade next to the girls.   

No comments:

Post a Comment