Thursday, June 3, 2010

"And I say, 'HEY!' What a wonderful kind of day!"

Day Camp Stats:

hours at camp - 11.18
# of times I had to teach the same choir rehearsal - 4
bags of ice - 3
quotes of the day - 2*
necklaces made for Miss Kate - 1
Hugs from adoring fans - countless
Yes, you guessed it, working with children - priceless.

Mamaw had a good day.
Text from Momma @ 11:46
"Good news... cancer almost gone... 3 more chemos and another scan... then maybe done.

We had hamburgers for dinner to celebrate when I got home.
Watching The Hunt for Red October while I draw and cut out "jewels of wisdom" (Typed "jews" the first time, which is almost fitting-- Bible study lesson is about Solomon. He was definitely a Jew of wisdom...) for our crowns to wear in class.

Helped get dinner ready and finished picking up and changing sheets on my bed for my great-uncle before that. Prior to that, went to the store to pick up hamburger essentials mom didn't get (Dale's and sweet pickle relish. CRUCIAL).

What I would do if I had more hours in a day...

O, yeah.

Sleep.

* ILBC Day Camp QOTD numero uno:
Not so much a quote as it is ridiculous.

One of my 1st-going-into-2nd graders began to sing his own rendition of Ke$ha's "Tik-Tok" about, drum roll, please... pickles.
If your mind was in the gutter (like mine, apparently), I think it could have been worse than the actual lyrics.

y numero dos (mi favorito):
Green Group Girl: Do you have a husband?
Me: No.
GGG: Why not?
Me: I'm not married.
GGG: Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: No.
GGG: You're crazy.

Clearly...

No comments:

Post a Comment