Thursday, June 10, 2010

"A zoo" doesn't even begin to describe it...

My life, that is.


So, yesterday I went on a field trip to the B'ham Zoo with the day camp where I work. I was with the kindergarten/1st grade group, lovingly known as the red group. 26 kids in that group alone with 2 counselors. It was a fun, but exhausting day.

During one of our many bathroom breaks, one little boy comes out of the bathroom and tells me, "Landon wanted me to tell you he's going to be in there a while." A few minutes later, out comes Landon, smiling away.

We've walked around a little bit, and when we get to the Alabama Wilds section of the zoo, there is an outhouse with the words "OPEN ME!" near the door handle. I was with just a few of the red groupers while we were waiting on the rest who were with the other counselor in the butterfly house. One of the kids read the words "OPEN ME!" and I said, "Well, why don't you?" knowing that it's going to be filled with "poo."

They go over there and are looking and learning about scat (animal droppings), when before I know it, the rest of red group has caught up with us and is trying to cram into the outhouse all at the same time.

It takes me a good 5 or 10 minutes to clear them out ("OW!" "I can't see!" "He's hurting me!" "I can't get out!" "He won't let me in!" "You can't get in because they can't get out because you're in the way. MOVE!")

Then, as we're walking away from the outhouse catastrophe, Landon walks beside me, takes my hand, and says (in a "speaking-of-poo" kind of way), "You know in the bathroom earlier? I don't think I wiped very well."

Did he leave it there? O, no.

Later he says, "I may have to wipe the rest when we get on the bus." It is at this point I tell him we are not allowed to use the bathroom on the bus, and he's all bummed out. Then he says, "I'll have to do it at home. I need to use a wipe."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Out of the mouths of babes...

3 comments:

  1. Aha , you used the good ole' copy 'N' paste ! (:
    Hahahaha !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that :) Well i'm following you on here , wow that actually sounds rather creepy lol . I like your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete