Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thoughts Driving Home (Blogging myself to sleep)

This is the sweetest baby there ever was. She has my whole heart.


•I am the walrus.
Not in the groovy-hippie-chic-John-Lennon kind of way, but in the I-feel-bloaty-and-whiskery-with-bad-teeth-kind-of-way. (Not looking for any comments. One, because I realize I look nothing like a walrus, and two [and more to the point], because nobody reads this.)

•Successfully wore white pants (for the first time ever?) for a majority of the day without spilling anything on them.

•So tired I feel buzzy. Today was the first day of Summer Day Camp. I was essentially there for 10 hours, but today went SO well. Possibly because it went by so quickly that there was no time for anything to go majorly wrong.
Undecided if I want life to be like that, but definitely decided that it goes by so quickly AND there still seems to be plenty of time for things to go wrong.

•Half of my closest is currently in a heap on the floor because I have not had the gumption to put the them away for... o, a month, give or take. I fold them on my bed with every intent of putting them away, sleeping on the couch to avoid the aforementioned heap, but ultimately shove them off my bed when have not followed through with my intentions and I want access to my bed (dammit). It's an ugly truth, but the truth nonetheless.

They're all clean, I'll have you know.

•It was my grandmother's 71st birthday today, and I didn't get to wish her a happy birthday. I had to leave my card on her bed as she slept about ten minutes ago.

•I am determined to get to the 'dad-gum' gym this week. No matter how many more interruptions life throws my way, it's gonna happen.

•If you are between the ages of 6 and 70, I clearly don't have a whole lot of patience for your needy schticks.

•Pretty sure I left Never-Never Land indefinitely yesterday. Not infinitely, but indefinitely.

•Found a way to relate Miss Evangeline Travers to my current state of affairs without involving men: We are both in a transitional period-- on the edge of a grand adventure, and graciously (if not gracefully...) walking through any doors of opportunity that open themselves before... ourselves...

•Currently preferring blogs to romance novels because, as far as I know, they're real.

Now, if I can just slip off to Dream Land, perhaps, with visions of my own Marlboro Man in my head...

1 comment: