Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sometimes it's two steps forward, and one step back

The Publix California rolls are still quite tasty, but I forgot to grab chopsticks, and sushi is just not the same with a fork.

I'm eating dinner before rehearsal (The Dreamers, a.k.a. ghosts, are waltzing tonight. It'll be like the Haunted Mansion at Shelton tonight!), and as I reflect on the day, it has been so delightful and productive. Granted, I've been up since about 5:20, so there's been copious amounts of time to get things done, but I feel absolutely refreshed, oddly enough.

I had to take Mom in for her nerve block at 6:00 this morning, but after we got in the waiting room, she pulled out her book and gave me permission to head to Starbucks for breakfast.

Grande soy chai latte and a pumpkin scone.
Mmmm... It's that time of year again. Ü

After that, I went back to the hospital to hang out in the cafeteria with my laptop and the other goodies in my backpack, but I spent a little extra time in the car finishing enjoying my scone and listening to Kidd Kraddick. I forgot how much I like listening to them in the mornings.

When I got into the cafeteria (affectionately nicknamed "the crapeteria" at dinnertime), the hospital's WiFi worked for approximately 15.2 seconds before deciding to wig out on me. Thankfully I didn't need it for anything, but I wanted to check my e-mail and facebook and, ya know, stuff. I particularly wanted to continue reading Anne of the Island, but 'twas not to be.
I finished my planning for teaching at the Magnet School today (First day was pretty good; the kids are wonderful.), and then tried to get the wireless to work again. And again and again and again.
I finally got to check my e-mail and was about two minutes into perusing my facebook when my laptop suddenly reached critical battery (we're talking subito forte cymbal crash) and blanked out on me. Naturally.

I didn't really mind, though. I had my new Bible and Disciple Study Manual with me, so I had some quality and quantity quiet time before the traffic in the crapeteria picked up (including some rather odoriferous breakfast foods) and outpatient surgery called to tell me Momma was about ready.

It was the perfect start to the day. I think I know what I have to do now to pick myself back up, and it's very freeing.

God's slowly and gently stirring Himself inside me, and He's using so many wonderful things and, especially, people to bring me ever closer to His heart.

My neck, shoulders, and back are still tense, but it's not as painful.

The house is still a mess, but it's not an insurmountable task to clean it up.

I have, to be frank, a crap ton of work to do in terms of working toward successful graduate school auditions, but thank goodness I have the drive to do it, and the amazing people in my life who know exactly how to encourage me when I need it most.

All of this positive energy is great, but the best part of tapping into the Divine?


I feel a little more myself again.

1 comment: