Thursday, September 2, 2010

"It reminds me that it's not so bad, not so bad at all..."

Tuesday night I auditioned for a production of the Secret Garden. I felt like the audition went really well, and I got to spend time with a few of my favorite people, so all-in-all it was a great night.

Yesterday morning I went to Birmingham to bring Lindsey lunch and visit with her for a bit. It was so good to see her. We got to talk for about an hour and a half, and I'm going back to the Ham tonight to see her again. :) It's the Matthew Mayfield concert on Samford University's campus tonight, and we are attending.

[Ugh. Watching Clueless... again... and Paul Rudd is made of adorable. I will love him 'til the day I die.]

Then I came home to figure out my life for the next week or so while watching "Ally in the Afternoon." I should be ashamed of the fact that I relish time to come home and watch television for 2 hours straight in the middle of the day, but I don't think I am. There are just some days I need to relate to Ally McBeal and all her crazy.

After that, I booked it to church for a meeting about the new children's worship service we are creating.

Lesson learned: Methodist moms are INSANE. This is gonna be fun, though. Working with these ladies (and the one man on the design team so far, James, the Director of Music Ministries) is going to make me keenly aware of my age and experience, though.

Then I just chilled in the choir room before rehearsal. I read a little Anne of Avonlea, talked with James a little about auditions (he tried out, too), and talked with our new music library kid about his aspirations for college before the director of the show (who is a member of our church and sings in the choir) walks in and sits down on the couches with us. He begins talking to James about the role he wants him to play, and then he comes over and sits by me.

He put his arm around me and said, "Kate, I'm just going to tell you that you are going to be a wonderful..."
Oh no, oh no, he's not going to say the name I want to hear, oh no, get ready to be let down gently, Kate, it'll be fine...

"...Lily."

And I immediately curl up into his chest and say, "Omahgah, Omahgah. Thank you!"

The night could have ended there, as far as I was concerned.

This will be the first time I get to play a dream role of mine outside of school. *coughcoughbelleinbeautyandthebeastinhighschoolcough*

I'm a big kid now, and I am so truly and unbelievably and incredibly blessed.

But the night didn't end there.

We had a great choir rehearsal, and then I went out to eat Chinese and just hang out with a few of my favorites till the wee hours--well, hour lol-- of the morn.

And this weekend has a promising look about it. :)

All of the other ''stuff" doesn't go away, but all of the good definitely helps the "stuff" lose some of its prominence in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment