Sunday, April 17, 2011

"I want cheese and cheese-related things. No, eggs and fries. With cheese on everything."

Not really, but this quote from one of my favorite movies (Do you know it?  Anyone?) popped into my head as I was thinking about the foods that do/could make my terribly sore throat and achy ears feel better.

Cream of Wheat.

Super-cheesy grits (They're the only kind of grits I'll eat).

Oatmeal.

Mashed potatoes.

Macaroni and cheese.

Mmm... macaroni and cheese.  That made me google "best macaroni and cheese recipe."

That led me to this:

http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/05/marthas-macaroni-and-cheese/

Will I make it?  Well, not today, but one day!  I will.

Till then, I'll probably heat up another bowl of instant Cream of Wheat or maybe chicken noodle soup for some temporary relief to what can only be a middle ear infection.

Have I mentioned I regret giving my allergies permission to ruin my life?  Because they're giving it the ole college try.


P.S. It's Palm Sunday!  Let the Holy Week festivities begin.  Hosanna!  Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment