Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Not only is he pretty, but he's pretty insightful, too.

"I think luck gets you on to the stage. But it has nothing to do with keeping you there."

~Eric Bana (Purrr...)
That has very little (a.k.a. nothing) to do with the purpose for this post, though.  I just found it and wanted to share.



Yesterday I had a conversation with a certain curly-headed boy that went a little something like this...

[getting in the car after gymnastics]

T: Look and see if you have any gum.

K: Now, wait a minute, T, it sounds like you were being rude just now.

T: Please?

K: Please what?

T: Can you please see if you have any gum?

K: Well, since you asked nicely, yes, I will.

[Gum is procured and popped into happy mouths]

T: I've seen commercials for this gum.

K: Yeah?  It's my favorite.

T: It's a little spicy for kids.

K: You think so?

T: Yeah, but I'm not a kid, so it's okay.

K: You're not a kid?

T: Nope, I'm a grown-up. I'm four years old.

K: Oh, well then you are a grown-up.

T: Yep. I'm not three anymore, I'm four. 


Later in the evening we were at one of his older sister's softball practice, and he cracked himself up by jumping off the bleachers and saying, "Diploma!" much in the style one would shout "Geronimo!" before jumping out of a plane. 

"Watch me jump off here again!  [giggle] I'm going to say "diploma" again. [giggle]  [climbs up the bleachers] Just watch.  Don't panic."

Did I mention he has three older sisters?  Yeah, the fun never ends. Ü

No matter how messed up, confused, or behind my life is, when I'm with these children, my life is better than yours.

End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment