Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I've been busy...

No, really, I have!  I've been sitting on babies and singing/dancing/shmacting with students, and being in weddings.  (Okay, just one wedding, but you get it.)  

And being accepted into grad school.  XD

  
I'm gonna go to school here. [insert absolute FREAK OUT here]
The original intent for the update on my time in OKC was to relate the chronology of the trip and conclude with a collage of the pictures I took at the Federal Building Memorial, but I haven't been able to figure out the best way to make one, so this will work just as well.

The above pictures are of the front of the Wanda L. Bass School of Music and the Margaret E. Petree College of Performing Arts.  I should have taken pictures of the inside (Beautiful facilities), but that would've been weird.
 I'm going to hang out here.
One view of the canal that runs through Bricktown.
Bricktown is an old warehouse district that the city is renovating, and it's being filled with cute shops and trendy restaurants and other things that are tres chic. 
At the Thunder game Friday 3/25
 Maybe go to a few more of these.
 
Definitely go back here!

And without question go back to see this:


 We went to the memorial after the game to see how it looks at night. 
This sculpture is across the street from where the Federal Building stood, and Jesus has his back turned from the violence.
I really, REALLY think that everyone needs to pay it a visit, and I hope those working on the memorial at Ground Zero in New York took a few pointers from the work that's been done in OKC.  It's incredibly moving.
I'll post the rest of the memorial pictures on April 19th.  Hold me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment