Monday, January 31, 2011

Adventures in St. Tammany Parish

That's actually a misnomer. There weren't really any adventures in St. Tammany Parish.

Just a long-ass bridge.



I took Richard back to school yesterday, and as I was leaving the land of NOLA, I stopped in Irish Bayou to fill up the gas tank a wee bit. As I was leaving the station, I missed the ramp to get back on I-10 East. The ramp for I-10 West was not far after that, and I should have just gotten back on the interstate to turn around. But I figured I'd be able to turn around fairly quickly.

I figured incorrectly.

I ended up getting on what felt like the longest bridge with absolutely no choice but to keep going on in the wrong direction. (There's an analogy and a life lesson there, kids.)


I haven't verified this via Google maps or anything, but I do believe I had the distinct pleasure of crossing Lake Pontchartrain three times within an hour last night.

[rolls eyes]

If I didn't have a sense of humor, I'd hate my life.



In other news, I appear to be the somniloquous Chihuahua whisperer.

1 comment:

  1. "In other news, I appear to be the somniloquous Chihuahua whisperer."

    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete