Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ode to Jones

Bridget, that is.

Went to the gym yesterday (good). Didn't have headphones so that iPod could help me forget I was at the gym (not so good). Did have copy of Bridget Jones' Diary in purse because am super nerd who carries book with her at all times (not so bad considering alternative of exercise without distraction). 1 hour translates to approximately 40 pages read, 350 calories burned, 3.something miles on the bike and 2.55 miles on the elliptical, which comes to a "distance" of about 6 stationary miles traveled.

Hmm... There's an analogy in there somewhere...

distance traveled : weight room :: effort to leave : Tuscaloosa

Maybe? It's been about 7 years since I've had to create or a decipher an analogy proper.

The encouraging thing about the intent of that analogy is that in either situation, no matter how far it feels like I'm not going, I feel better about myself having at least tried.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: Sometimes, I think I missed my calling as a kindergarten teacher.

Or a spin doctor.

Whatever the calling, there's a misapplication of optimism in my life somewhere... Baha!

Ah, well. I'll finish my chai and put on my tennis shoes and go back to the Bobby Miller Center so that I can keep trying to not go anywhere, but maybe look and feel better in the process.



Edit: Found headphones. Got to BMC and also found iPod had ZERO battery. [rolls eyes]

Hilarity of Bridget Jones... continues to pass the 2.45 miles quite nicely, though. Ü

1 comment: