Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Badgers, badgers, badgers, badgers..."

["Mushroom, MUSHROOM!"]

Do you remember that li'l internet funny?

["Ooooh, it's a snake!"]

I thought of it because I'm eating mom's tuna noodle casserole (YUM), except I pick around the mushrooms.
Today's helping is served with a side of sour cream 'n' onion chips and pink lemonade to drink.

Classy, right?

As I pick around the mushrooms, I think of how many people I love who love mushrooms more than a person should, in my opinion. These are the people to whom, whenever I'm with them, I would normally give my mushrooms (tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.) so they didn't go to waste. ("Clean your plate" mentality-- a subject for a later blog). My mom and Papaw like them just fine (hence why they are in the casserole), but I know a handful of people who could eat them like candy, and not a one of them is in Tuscaloosa county. So, I definitely can't share with them today.
Well, technically one is at the moment because she works in TC, but she doesn't live here; however, that is neither here nor there.

I'm here and they're there, and THAT is the point.

It's kind of sad, really... Poor mushrooms...

These are the kind of things my mind thinks of at lunch time on a happy Wednesday.

I'll have you know that I shelved like a motha this morning at the B&N- the spatial reasoning was particularly keen today. Then I got to put fixtures (display shelves) together and move games and puzzles and such to their appropriate fixtures (as much as possible, anyway).

And, I know, it's weird, but I love doing stuff like that. It was kind of like a game.

[cue "A Spoonful of Sugar"]

It's safe to say that I adore working there. I know I haven't been there two whole weeks, but the people I work with are great, I love what we sell, and I like helping people, so it's kind of a perfect fit.

And did I mention work stays at the store? I may have before, but it bears repeating: I GET TO LEAVE IT ALL THERE.

Then, on a day like today, I get to come home, eat lunch, and then do basically the same thing in my room. Haha!

But there's a 30% chance that it's raining right now, Heidi is 100% pawing at my hands to comfort her, and I see a 50% chance for a nap in my own forecast.


This is what happens when we get scared by the thunder.

1 comment:

  1. Freeze dry the mushrooms and mail them to me ;) Loves you.

    ReplyDelete