Monday, August 23, 2010

Welcome Ava and Aunty Lori!

I officially have a handful of followers!

I warn you, this isn't anything interesting. I just do it for myself.

There. You have been warned.



"'Dear me, there is nothing but meetings and partings in this world, as Mrs. Lynde says,' remarked Anne plaintively..."


Went to NOLA this weekend to bring Richard the rest of his things and officially bid him farewell. I was the fifth wheel to his parents, his brother, and Richard's other best friend/his brother's girlfriend. We stayed at his "aunt" and "uncle's" home just outside of New Orleans.
All in all it was a good weekend, though emotionally charged (vacillating between positive and negative). Love the Hebert fam and LJ, though. :)

It was just difficult because (well, a number of things, actually, but mainly) we didn't get to see Richard as much as we wanted. Thankfully, we did get a couple of quality hours before we left Sunday, but the girls all teared up when we said good-bye, and Richard's mom and I were weepy pretty much the whole way home. I got a hold of myself a little bit the last couple of hours of the trip back, thanks to LJ and some choice tunes, but once I got in the car by myself, I sobbed. Got home to Mom and my eyes were, no joke, redder than my hair--about like this. It was the ugly kind of cry with the twisted face and the hyperventilating... and the remnants of redness and puffiness this morning.

Thankfully, today was a good day. Went to work this morning (It's pretty sad when work makes me feel better... Have I mentioned I love this job?), and by the end of the day I helped to sell a nook©-- my very first! I feel like a retail goddess...

Okay, not really, but it was exciting.

Then came home, ate dinner, and watched True Blood (wtf, Alan Ball????!?!?!?!??!) before Mom and I went to Publix to get stuff for Papaw's birthday luncheon tomorrow. Mom has to work tomorrow evening, so we're having a nice lunch together with strawberry shortcake for dessert. I've been daydreaming about strawberry shortcake all weekend.

If I'm as cheesy as I think, I'll take pictures and upload them.

With that, I bid you all adieu. I am going to pop a couple Benedryl and read myself to sleep.

Green Gables, here I come!

P.S. The sweetest boy in the world is snoring next to me. I love that he hangs out with me now that I actually enjoy being in my room. He's such a love!

No comments:

Post a Comment