Thursday, August 5, 2010

I like...

I like...
stealing blog posts from people. (Thank you, Jenna-Benna!)

I like...
cheese. Mini Babybel, Swiss-almond, cream, cheddar, mozzarella, American, provolone... all kinds. It is powerful, and it stands alone.

I like...
coming home early in the afternoon and taking a nap on our sectional.

I like...
buying my own groceries and eating at home.

I like...
feeling small; being keenly aware of my own insignificance. It's probably why I like flying, wide-open spaces, mountains, and tall buildings.

I like...
dreaming, making lists, and organizing.

I like...
having wiggle room-- in my clothes; in my schedule; in most anything that doesn't need to be firm, grounded, or sturdy for safety's sake.

I like...
using ellipses, semi-colons, hyphens, and dashes (correctly). That, to me, is word art.

Parenthetical phrases? I like those, too.

I like...
snuggling.

I like...
having moments of unmatched wittiness and/or sheer brilliance. It doesn't happen often, but I surely do like it when it does.

I like...
reading in bed all day long. Usually sci-fi/fantasy is my favorite all-day-in-bed reading material. I really like reading the rest in the midst of life. For example, in a spare moment or while waiting at a doctor's office or while using public transportation. Excellent reading times.

I like...
that nostalgic and precious feeling you get when talking with children or watching them at play.

I like...
random "peachy" days such as yesterday. I also like how they're usually singular and stuck right in the middle of a long string of "weird" or "off" or "ehh..." days.

I like...
taking pictures. I will never by any means be considered an artist or professional, but I think it's just fun. I also love when someone like me just so happens to capture a genuinely good photograph. It's the epitome of serendipity.

I like...
watching TV with my grandfather.

I like...
blogging...so much so, that I'll probably post again today.



Interview with the Presbyterians at 5:00. Please, LORD, make clear what you'd have me do about this job. If this is a door that can be closed, I ask you to do just that.

<3

1 comment: