Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Food, food, GLORIOUS food!

What do I do with my time off?

I
eat (apparently).



I was called into work at the last minute yesterday, so we decided to postpone birthday luncheon (which ended up being just me and Papaw. Just as well, I suppose.) 'til today.
However, I did make a pretty scrumptious dinner last night, if I say so myself. Papaw thoroughly enjoyed it, too. XD


Mmmm... three cheese tortellini & turkey meatballs with cheese breadsticks (and optional cinnamon breadsticks for dessert).

Mind you, none of this was made from scratch, but it was a really good combination of the store-bought.

Voila!

Lunch today wasn't quite as pretty looking as that, but it was pretty tasty.

Boar's Head ham, chicken & Sargento Swiss on French bread.
It was delicious, be we decided to rethink the French bread in favor of a rye loaf next time.
(Molly! The good people at our Publix deli know to give samples. It made me think of you and smile.)

Now, for the strawberry shortcake!

Most of this was from scratch, starting with the sour cream biscuits (thank you, Southern Living!).

1st batch... minus the two we used for our shortcakes...

2nd batch dough

2nd batch baked

Aren't they beautiful?

Key ingredients to my ideal strawberry shortcake:
homemade whipped cream, slightly smashed strawberries with straight-up sugar, and the aforementioned yummy biscuits.

Yup, it's pretty- even in a paper bowl.

I also have a few pictures I took in NOLA this weekend that I'm kind of proud of and I'd like to share with you, but that'll be later today. I have to go learn & practice my audition piece for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment