Saturday, August 28, 2010

NOLA Pictures

Some of this I'm proud of for artistic reasons. Some are just to document a few of the places we went. You get to decide which are... which...




Outside the coffee shop where we parked.
Brilliant marketing strategy.


"Walking picture" on the way to the Confederate Civil War Museum


The front

The steps out. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but it was nifty.
From the sampling of uniforms they had in the museum, we decided that people in the next 200 years are going to be freaking Nephilim.


Across the street from the Confederate Museum, next to the Nat'l WWII museum


Have I mentioned how much I love clouds and looking at the sky?


Altar of St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square


I betcha their organ is better than ours...




I. Love. Stained glass.
I didn't find any literature in the church to prove this to be true, but I'm fairly certain the windows depicted scenes from St. Louis' life. If I think of it, I'll look it up and let you know.

If you watch the news or internet headlines at all, you know that tomorrow is the five year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. I ask that you join me in sending prayers and overall good ju-ju to the city of New Orleans and all who were and are affected by the hurricane.

They've come a long way, but they still have a lot longer to go before New Orleans will have returned to it's Crescent City Glory, and I'm sure other cities on the coast affected are no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment