Monday, August 16, 2010

"Don't do sadness"


...in bed.

Mom came into my room today with two fortune cookies in tow. Naturally I took the one that was pointing at me most, and this is what it said. All I needed was the first sentence, but then it reminded me that not only do I have social skills, but also that some people think they need them.

It was a good day for fortune cookies. Mom's was exactly what she needed, too.

The overhaul of my room continues. Some of the loot today included Giga Pets, middle school ID cards, lots of receipts and gum in old purses (I'm finding more similarities between my grandmother and I everyday... lol), a post-break up e-mail from high school, drawings, sermon notes, cards I received from old friends (two that made me Boo. Hoo.), and letters I never sent.

Dear Melancholy,

Please let it be you and not sadness that's visiting me.

Tell Leah thanks for sharing.



katherine elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment